Friday, June 28, 2013

MORI

MORI
[mo-ree]
Non-Halal; Serves pork

Bff and I decided to go try this new Japanese place called Mori Japanese Restaurant at Subang Avenue. This place is relatively new and not bad, if I do say so myself. I was too careless and hungry to remember to take photo of the facade (I'm so sorry :[ ) but just for your information, this Mori restaurant is next to Chilla Cup and Old Town White Coffee in Subang Avenue, facing the main road. It's actually very easily seen from the road when you drive by!

This is what it looks like inside! I actually really like the vibe of the restaurant! I like the Japanese deco that they used; the curtains, posters and all. 

The opposite side with more seating areas - this area is more normal, but they did put up cute Japanese graphic pictures up as minimalist deco. Nice!

Here's the cashier area. Wondering if those bottles of sake are real.

Here's part of the menu! On the left is the lunch set that they offer at the restaurant and on the right, some of the sets that they offer throughout opening hours. It's quite pricey but I assume the portion is filling enough! 

Bff ordered spicy ramen! The portion was really big (she couldn't finish it). The soup was pretty good but quite spicy. The type of spiciness is like, slap-you-in-the-face type of spicy. Haha! Kind of leaves you with a spicy-ZING at the back of your throat (if you can understand what I mean). This dish was a bit priceyl about RM20+

Close up of the spicy ramen.

I ordered the Salmon Rice set! I think this set is really worth it! RM16 and it comes with Japanese fried rice mixed with salmon, egg and seaweed, tofu with soy sauce, miso soup, salad, pickled vegetable, watermelon and banana! VERY filling. I couldn't finish my rice so I packed it up to have for supper. It was really tasty! I loved the rice!

DETAILS :
The restaurant is really cute on the inside. You wouldn't expect it to look inviting when you see it from the outside (also because Subang Avenue is practically abandoned). The decorations are really very nice! Look at the samurai posters! Too pretty! Also, they also serve sushi and have seating areas near the sushi bar. I have yet to try their sushi though.


So far, the food I managed to try is pretty alright; just a little on the pricey side; not too sure if the food is worth the price, seeing as the restaurant is not very known, but once in a while it's okay. The service was decent and the restaurant itself is quite nice. It's a little sad that it's in a place like Subang Avenue though, but still worth a try. I hope it get more popular because it deserves some recognition.

VERDICT :
Food ♥♥♥ 
Coffee, Tea and Drinks ♥♥♥
Ambiance ♥♥♥♥
Service ♥♥♥
Price for worth ♥♥♥

Address : 
Lot SG-06, Ground Floor, 
Subang Avenue, (Persiaran Kemajuan SS16)
Subang JayaSelangor Darul Ehsan


Opening hours : Monday to Saturday

12pm - 2.30pm - Lunch
6pm - 10pm - Dinner
(I hope I'm not wrong about the opening hours but I'm very sure they are closed from 2.30pm - 6pm)


Phone number : 03-5611 0970

No comments:

Post a Comment