Tuesday, June 25, 2013

PALATE PALETTE

PALATE PALETTE
[pal-it pal-it]
Halal; Serves alcohol

A bunch of friends and I celebrated one of my friends birthday at this unbelievably charming restaurant! It's so adorable, makes me want to scream in excitement! And the food here compliments the spaces so well!

This is what it looks like from the outside! Cute right? How can you not be drawn into it! Like a moth to a flame!

Apparently, they provide a bicycle rental service so if you're a traveler who needs an economical form of transportation, this is the way to go (just don't get hit by any lunatic KL drivers while you're at it)!

Here's a sneak peak of the makan section of the menu (I downloaded from their website). The food ranges from RM10++ - RM30++ depending on how extravagant the meal it.


Cost of drinks are relatively normal (if compared to other restaurants) so nothing to complain here.


If you're interested to have cocktails here on a Friday night or so, here's the menu for you to consider. Drinks cost the same as most of the drinking places I've gone to. No surprise here that the prices are a little ridiculous but it's alright for catching up with friends and chit chatting, no?

When you enter the restaurant, you can immediately see that its walls are covered in all kinds of artworks and murals! It's like a wonderland in this restaurant! Absolutely breath-taking!

Such a photogenic wall, no?

On the left is the corner of the bar area. SO CHARMING, I love it! And on the right is the ceiling from upstairs. We went upstairs to take a look too. So quirky and weird! And look at the giraffe! RANDOM.

I can't describe how much I love this place.

Just look at this corner! It's so beautiful!

And the artwork found at every corner of this restaurant is just so adorable and colourful! Lifts up your spirits when you see them! Flamingos and peacocks? Awesome in my book!

Back to food! I ordered this Chicken chop. The batter has sun-dried tomatoes in it I think. And it's served with mash potatoes and corn. I thought it was pretty good. A lil' pricy for something that seemed like a higher end version of KFC, but still pretty ok (RM28). 

My friend ordered the quiche. It's only RM18 and it's served with so many side dishes! This looks more worth its price, don't you agree? I had a bite of it and it was pretty yummy! Might go back to Palate Palette to have this again! The portion was just right; not too sure about you big eaters though.

Here's the Smoked Salmon Pasta which was also RM28. My gal pal who ordered this couldn't finish it because she said it was too filling. Haha. It's served with a raw egg-yolk so you're suppose to burst it and mix everything up! Kind of Japanesey eyh! I tried it and it was really good! Similar to carbonara but the sauce was very rich and there's bits of shrimp roe in it! Super nice! Kinda wish I ordered this dish instead. Haha.

Since it was my friend's birthday, we ordered all of the desserts to celebrate! On the left is a ginger creme bulee (which I'm not a big fan off), the middle bottom is carrot cake, above it is pavlova (favourite!), on top is a dark chocolate cheesecake and on the far right is chocolate mousse (also my favourite!). We also had tiramisu served in a martini glass but I forgot to snap a photo. I'm sorry!! 

The cheapest out of the bunch was the creme bulee (RM12) and the most expensive, the tiramisu (RM19). But my ultimate favourites were the pavlova and the chocolate mouse (RM16 each) because, who could go wrong with these two classic desserts? 

Overall, I am in love with this restaurant! It's a little far so I'd definitely go again for special occasions, not on a regular basis. It's a little pricey but the food was good and well-worth the price. I have yet to try to coffee so perhaps on my next trip, I'll do so! Desserts were great (except for the ginger creme bulee. I'm sorry, I can't handle ginger). 

I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice environment that's complimented with good food! The ambiance is wonderful. Perfect for birthdays and anniversaries, really! 


VERDICT :
Food ♥♥♥♥
Coffee, Tea and Drinks ♥♥♥
Ambiance ♥♥♥♥♥
Service ♥♥♥
Price for worth 

Address : 
21 Jalan Mesui,

50200 Kuala Lumpur,

Malaysia


It's at Bukit Bintang, very nearby Changkat, next to The Establishment.


Open everday 12pm-12am
Friday & Saturday till 2am
Closed
on Mondays



For reservations, please call 03-2142 2148 or email hello@palatepalette.com.


For more information check out their official website at : PALATE PALETTE
Or check out their FB page at : PALATE PALETTE FB PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment