Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WONDERMAMA

WONDERMAMA
[wuhn-der mama]
Halal

I always wanted to pay a visit to Wondermama (solely because the name is so cute), and I finally had the chance to! Went with my friend from Uni! I was pleased by how pretty the restaurant was. They had a Nyonya-esque style to the spaces, but with a touch of Wondermama-ness (I don't know how else to briefly explain it haha).

So the entrance looks like this. Already so charming! You can choose to sit outside, if you'd like to smoke, or inside where there's air-conditioning.

View from my seat. Look at those adorable floor tiles! Gives you the Malaccan-Penang vibe. The lamps are also made by woks I believe! Thumbs up for upcycling! The outside looks relatively cosy too, and natural lighting plays a huge roll in this restaurant. Thumbs up for those roof louvres!

My Uni friend ordered the prawn mee. THE PORTION WAS MASSIVE! You literally pay for portion in this restaurant. I LIKE! 

I ordered the Seafood Spaghetti. It tasted very Chinesey. I assume it was a fusion of Italian with Chinese cuisine. Not bad! And once again, HUGE PORTION. 

On the left is the Green Tea Smoothie, which was really good and refreshing. LOVED IT!
And on the right, a Caffe Latte, which was also pretty good. Enjoyed it and it was very smooth to drink.



DETAILS :

My camera didn't capture it very well but on the left, you can see very cool looking light fixtures - wire made to spiral around the light bulbs. And on the right, I just love the display of bowls! Adds a nice pop of colour to the corner! Sweet!!

Would definitely re-visit this restaurant because the food portion was awesome and the environment was great! Love to be able to soak in all the wonderful ideas and designs of the interior of the restaurant! :)

VERDICT :

Food 
Coffee, Tea and Drinks 
Ambiance 
Service 
Price for worth 

  • Address :
  • G6, Ground Floor (Former location of Outback), 
  • Bangsar Village 1, 
  • No 1, Jalan Telawi Satu, 
  • Bangsar Baru
  • 59100, Kuala Lumpur, 
  • Malaysia




It's just next to Plan B. 

For more info, visit their FB page at : Wondermama

No comments:

Post a Comment